Changing the way project managers learn
Presented at the Project Management Western Cape Conference, November 2017.
This presentation looks at approaches to becoming a self-motivated professional learner in the field of project management. It addresses the following:
- Why is self-led learning important?
- Informal learning and why it matters to PM professionals
- What are MOOCs? The pros and cons of using them for learning.
- The importance of work-based learning and reflective learning practices
- The role of the coach and mentor in PM professional development
- The importance of social learning and how online community groups can aid professional learning
- Professional bodies and their support for informal, work-based learning